All personal information you supply to us will be treated in accordance with Data Protection Act and we endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal Data including the use of encryption technology. We will only read cookies from your cookie file placed there through your web browser’s interaction with the Site.
Information about you and how we use your personal data
All the information we collect via our website or through correspondence with you is used to operate and improve the service we offer you and to personalise our service. We are committed to using your personal information only for:
- Planning and managing Birlea business activities, including analysis of customers’ shopping habits, product and style preferences.
- Technical administration of our website.
- Providing you with information about the services we offer.
- Letting you know about offers and news from Birlea
- Occasionally letting you know about offers from other companies who we believe may interest you, either by sending out the information ourselves to you directly, or by providing certain details to other companies so they may contact you directly.
- To verify details of your payment method or credit card account
During your registration process you are given the opportunity to select some of the ways in which we may use your details. See ‘your permission’ and ‘helping us to grow’ below to keep us in touch with anything you specifically don’t want to be informed about.
There are only four circumstances where we may share some of your data with others:
- To outside research companies whom we may ask to contact you directly for your opinions on our service.
- We occasionally make names, addresses and email addresses available to companies whose products we think may interest you, unless you have subsequently withdrawn that permission.
- If we are requested by the police or a regulatory or government authority investigating illegal activities to provide information concerning your activities whilst using the network we shall do so.
Data over the internet
The internet is a global network, so it is possible for your data to travel internationally, which may include places outside the European Union. If you visit or shop at Birlea, you’re agreeing and authorising us to process data in this way.
How we protect information
You acknowledge that the Internet is not a 100% secure medium for communication and, accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you send to us (or we send to you) via the Internet. We are not responsible for any damages which you, or others, may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of such information.
We take every precaution to protect your information. To this end all personal information stored by us is kept on a server in a secure environment. Only employees, our partners and any sub-contractors (such as SECPay) who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information.
How you can help us protect your information
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online in non-protected environments – for example on message boards, through email, or in chat areas – that information can be collected and used by others. In short, if you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return. Also remember to close your browser window when you have finished your work. This is to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library or Internet café. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
Email us: email@example.com
How to unsubscribe
If you do not wish to receive any further email messages from us please click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any newsletter email
If you never wish to be contacted by other companies who we think may be of interest to you, by post, email or otherwise please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not want to receive emails from us about other companies that we think may interest you, please email email@example.com