The Supply Chain Manager will need to demonstrate a clear understanding of purchasing, supply chain and stock management with a key emphasis on forecasting skills
Stock availability performance in line with agreed KPI’s
The role will also require the creation and implementation of an effective reporting portfolio that will integrate with all other internal departments.
Managing Freight forwarders, negotiating rates and order management
Ways of working
• Establish and implement robust supply chain and purchasing procedures
• Develop and implement effective supplier KPI’s to evaluate and manage performance ( 30 suppliers across Europe, Far East and Brazil)
• Ensure all new product and obsolete product strategies are managed effectively
• Implementation and development of departmental systems and procedures including forecasting, ordering, sales analysis, stock levels and accuracy, returns processing, pricing and margin maintenance
• Development of reporting and analysis tools for Directors (inc. supplier spend)
• Liaise with International Birlea agents on factory performance metrics
• Create Product performance reports to the Commercial Director
• Maintain replenishment between 2 warehouses
• Strong end to end supply chain management experience including procurement, planning and material management
• Strong analytical and IT skills
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Strong team player with commercial outlook
• Furniture or FMCG experience would be useful
The SCM is an example of Birlea values:
The SCM is the catalyst of a Product centric business
- Driven to make it succeed
- Quick to take action
- Analytical and process driven
- Passionate about detail
They monitor execution. They adapt quickly. They learn from others and steal good
ideas with pride.
They work as part of the overall Birlea team
They are outward going. They radiate energy. They enjoy having fun, and bringing
that to everything they do.
The SCM needs to be organised.
Excellent commercial awareness.
Confidence and presentation skills.
Ability to make decisions under pressure.
Salary, Benefits and Hours
Job Title – Supply Chain manager
Job Type – Permanent
Salary – £Competitive
Pension – Auto enrolment 2% employer 3% employee
Working hours – 8.30am till 5:00pm, Monday to Friday
Holidays- 20 day’s holiday exc. Bank Holidays increasing to 22 days after 10 years’
Healthcare – with Healthshield after 6 months service
You will have the benefit of working in an great environment
We don’t wear suits, we don’t do the usual formality you get from big corporates – but, we do have fun, we do run a tight ship and we are building a great business where everyone enjoys their work
How to apply
To apply, please contact Craig Hadley at firstname.lastname@example.org.