Reports to: Commercial Director.
Works immediately with: Digital Marketing Manager, Commercial Assistants, Account managers, Operations, QC Asia team.
Direct reports: Quality assistant.
Also works with: Financial Controller.
The Quality Manager is responsible for establishing processes to deliver a long term quality assurance vision, formalising quality policies & procedures, and establish performance metrics for the department.
The Quality Manager will work closely with all of our suppliers to create data collection techniques for control of supplied products, factory audits; create quality technical specifications for suppliers; audit their quality procedures and control complaints and return authorisations.
The Quality Manager will work with sourcing and participate in product change control activities, devise and ensure implementation of quality plans within specifcation drawings, and be responsible for ensuring our products comply with the relevant regulatory standards.
Way of working
- Develop company Quality Assurance policies and procedures
- Working in conjunction with Sourcing to monitor all production outcomes by vendor, including test and sample products according to company policies
- Implement and manage all product audit procedures and QC inspections with Asia QC team
- Manage all nonconforming product issues through to an agreed corrective action plan with relevant vendor
- Prepare a weekly list of existing or possible out-of-tolerance items for senior management; devise an action plan from this list for follow-up by senior management
- Oversee new product development from a position technical performance and specification conformity
- Work with all outside third-party labs in implementing company procedures for sample submission and data retrieval, including internal preliminary samples as well as finished product samples
- Make sure all invoices related to quality assurance are properly approved and submitted
- Investigating and setting standards for vendor based quality management
- Provide customer facing technical information and instructions
- Provide management/technical reports
- Responsible for all packaging control and improvement
To be successful for this role you will need to have strong Quality control and systems management.
Energy, enthusiasm and drive to deliver results.
Strong analysis and decision making ability.
Furniture industry experience preferred.
The QM is an example of Birlea values:
The QM is the catalyst of a Product centric business
- Driven to make it succeed
- Quick to take action
- Driven by the love of product and customer
- Understands and owns the customer journey
They are organised. They are analytical. They love product.
They monitor execution. They adapt quickly. They learn from others and steal good ideas with pride.
They work as part of the overall Birlea team
They are outward going. They radiate energy. They enjoy having fun, and bringing that to everything they do.
The QM needs to be organised.
Excellent commercial awareness.
Confidence and presentation skills.
Ability to make decisions under pressure.
Salary, Benefits and Hours
Job Title – Quality manager
Job Type – Permanent
Salary – £Competitive
Pension – Auto enrolment 2% employer 3% employee
Working hours – 8.30am till 5:00pm, Monday to Friday
Holidays- 20 day’s holiday exc. Bank Holidays increasing to 22 days after 10 years’ service
Healthcare – with Healthshield after 6 months service
Birlea uniform provided
You will have the benefit of working in an great environment
We don’t wear suits, we don’t do the usual formality you get from big corporates – but, we do have fun, we do run a tight ship and we are building a great business where everyone enjoys their work.
How to apply
To apply, please contact Craig Hadley at firstname.lastname@example.org.